Friday, March 8, 2013

Sugar Blocks

I'm just getting caught up with my blocks for the Sugar Block Club which was created by Amy Gibson at Stitchery Dickory Dock. Amy is using these gorgeous FreeSpirit solid color fabrics from Westminster Fibers. My sister bought me a stack for my birthday which is not till May but we wanted to use these for our blocks. They are so pretty they make me happy to look at them.


This is the January block.

February
My seam ripper saw a lot of action on this baby. Trying to match those points and seams made me nuts. I had to stop at "close enough" before I ended up tearing the fabric.

March

The fabric didn't come in till February so I got a late start. With the March block Amy announced a giveaway that we could enter if all three blocks were done. That was enough to get me moving. 

I'm happy to work with these bright colors since the sun rarely shines anymore. I really miss it!




5 comments:

  1. These colors are so clear and bright... very nice project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow love the POP of these colours - what will it be when you are all done? I hear you about the Rip Rip Ripper LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look great Sue! I don't know if I'll ever catch up. (I'll still haven't finished my last 2012 BOM block!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these bright and happy colors. Your seams look pretty darn good to me. The March block is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so much better than me, Susan! I could never do that detail work! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete