Sunday, June 10, 2012

Cut & Paste


"Why?" says the man wearing the peppermint souffle on his head.



I saw this cute "Cut & Paste" sign on Mary Ann Moss's blog Dispatch From LA. I had to have it since I love to cut and paste. The background is just a bunch of pretty papers from Mary Green's classes that I had leftover.This fabulous girl came from an old Good Housekeeping magazine. I also got some old French magazines recently and that is where the guy came from. I added the word on his sweater since he is the victim of a crazy cut and paste lady.
I bought these old magazines thinking I would sell them in my Etsy store since I know so many people love collage but I couldn't stop myself from cutting them up for my own collages. The ads and the models from the 1950s are so great! And the fashion...!!!  Oh, I love vintage fashion!!!!!

 I found these two bathing beauties in the Good Housekeeping mag and knew they needed their own journal spread. This pretty chevron paper was also made by Mary Ann Moss.
This was my second attempt at this collage. I painted a background first but it looked horrible so I started over. I also used some rub-ons which was really fun. I found them for 50 cents and had to try them. I don't love this collage as much as the first one but it was fun to work on anyway.

I'm looking forward to more cutting and pasting!!

Have a creative week!!!

5 comments:

  1. Good for you! I could never part with old Good Housekeeping magazines especially the 50's! Love your Cut & Paste gal - very fun...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous pages!! All the images you chose are fantastic! Looks like you had a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Susan wow your journal pages are wonderful, love the word from Mary Ann, your cut out from old magazines fits perfect together and for a journal.
    Hugs Anni

    ReplyDelete