Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Block of the Month

My sister told me about a free class at Craftsy that teaches you how to make different quilt squares every month. The Craftsy Block of the Month started at the beginning of January and the teacher, Amy Gibson, taught us how to make these two squares.


You can use a bunch of fat quarters and you are supposed to have a large piece of background fabric that is used in each square. I had the fat quarters but I didn't have background fabric so I decided to make my background different for each square. I watched the videos when the class started but since I was undecided on which fabric to use I didn't get started until the February videos came out.  I  just finished my February blocks so decided to show you all four.

They are a bit loud since I didn't follow directions regarding the background fabric but I like them anyway. Two squares will be taught each month and at the end of the year they will all be put together into a quilt.  You have plenty of time to catch up because these were very easy to do. Just go to Craftsy's online classes and look through the quilting classes and you will find it.


I hope you are having a creative week!!

1 comment:

  1. Love your blocks Sue! I hope my sewing machine tune-up doesn't take too long so I can do my fourth block before the new ones come out in March.

    ReplyDelete