Sunday, September 18, 2011

Be More Agreeable and Roll on the Floor

As stated in "The Ladies Home Journal" of May, 1902, "In order to be beautiful a girl must have the qualities that make beauty. One of these, and a most important one, is the cultivation of the habit of always being agreeable. This characteristic will do more to make a girl beautiful than any chemical formula known." ... Things that make you go "Hmmm!"

I found these magazines while I was out picking this weekend. (I'm in love with the American Pickers. I want to marry them.) I paid too much for the condition they are in but I'm still happy I have them. It's so fun to read these old magazines. The advertisements are just as great if not better than the main features.
Sure beats all the drug ads in today's magazines!


Look at the price on this house!
I have enough room on my credit card for that. I wonder if it is still available?

Time for one more beauty tip:
"A teacher of physical culture has recently described a method used for reducing the superfluous fat of hips and abdomen. This instructor lays a sheet down on the floor, on which the pupil rolls over a certain number of times. The excercise is a good substitute for massage."

Well, if that's all it takes I'm going to try it as soon as I finish making dessert.

I finally finished my gluebook pages for Mary's swap. I'll show you all of them
except for the one I made for Mary.



They were fun to make! I used some vintage paper on every page with the addition of some backgrounds from Mary's classes and a piece or two from The Graphics Fairy. I can't wait to see the book I get back!

I hope you had a creative weekend! If you're not too busy, go roll on the floor a little and don't forget to be more agreeable!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for your lovely comment, Susan. Your pages are wonderful! I love all the vintage paper you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Susan your pages are so beautifully made, love the vintage paper background.
    Hugs Anni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how wonderful your pages are! I would love to receive one of yours! Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete